What is the legislative history?
The legislative history for in force and repealed titles contains what the name says—details of the history of that title and how it has changed over time. (It's more or less the equivalent of the old website's Historical notes and Historical versions combined.)
- Click the Legislative history button at the
top of the status information page, as shown in the examples below.
- You will also find a View legislative history button in the Actions column of browse lists.
- On the legislative history page, you'll find headings for—
- Table of versions—lists and hyperlinks all historical versions for the title
- Original legislation and Amending legislation—lists and hyperlinks the original legislation and all amendments, including commencement information.
- History notes—lists all amendments to provisions (sectional annotations) in the title.
All lists can be expanded or collapsed by clicking the arrow, as shown in the examples below.Note: History notes can now also be displayed under the relevant provision in the HTML (web page) view. See our FAQ What are inline history notes?.
- At the bottom of the legislative history page, you'll find the 'creation history' for the title—the documents and dates for the original Bill (all stages from introduction to assent) or the original statutory instrument (as notified), as shown in the examples above and below.
Last updated 23 February 2023 at 10:56