The NSW legislation website is the primary source for NSW legislation.
It is managed by the Parliamentary Counsel's Office.
The most frequently accessed titles this week are:
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
- State Environmental Planning Policy (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009
- State Environmental Planning Policy (Koala Habitat Protection) 2021
- State Environmental Planning Policy (Sustainable Buildings) 2022
- Road Rules 2014
- Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Regulation 2014
We have archived the special website page for NSW COVID-19 legislation. On this page you can still find links to—
- Public health orders, including current and historical versions
- Environmental planning orders
- Acts of Parliament
Information about the COVID-19 pandemic generally is available at the following links—
- Breadcrumbs for search hits located in schedules—to make it easier to locate a search hit in the context of the whole title, breadcrumbs are now displayed in the same way (above the timeline) as search hits in the body of a title.
- Export functionality—the Export link on the right of the screen above the dark blue task bar facilitates downloading XML files, including bulk downloads, for the In force and Repealed collections on the website. (Click the blue Help ? button on the Export page for more information.)
- Search page point-in-time button—by clicking the enable/disable point-in-time buttons on the website Search page, you can now decide if you want your search to return results as at a particular point-in-time date (default is the date you’re searching) or return results for all relevant versions of titles with no selected point-in time date. (Note that your selection sticks for all subsequent searches until you change it again.)
- My favourites—the My favourites page (link on the main dark blue task bar) explains how you can save time navigating around the website by setting up your own favourites list of up to 10 of the titles you need to access regularly.
- Resizing the Contents pane—you can now drag the Contents pane to your preferred width and have it stick at that width until you change it again.
- Most popular titles list—this list will now be a permanent feature at the top of our Noticeboard and will be updated weekly with the titles most frequently accessed by our users each week.
- Timeline enhancement—the timeline functionality for linking to other versions of a title now ‘remembers’ the provision being viewed and opens the selected version at the same provision.
We have recently completed a major backcapture project to scan a large amount of hard copy material held in our library’s collection. Unfortunately, we are not resourced at this time to upload this scanned material to the website for direct user access but we are happy to help with user enquiries and email backcaptured material we have saved on our network.
A full list of material in our backcaptured collection and details of how to contact us with an enquiry is available on the Historical information page.