How can I get the best display of legislation on a mobile device?
The tips here relate mostly to viewing the website on an average-size mobile phone. The display on other mobile devices with larger screens may be different to the screenshots shown though some of the information may still apply e.g. if you’re using a larger mobile device in portrait mode.
1. Display the main menu by tapping the dark blue Menu button and then tap to select the page you want e.g. to display a browse list for in force legislation, tap In force > tap appropriate letter/year.
2. To display more titles when browsing a list, try a landscape view.
3. Tap the title you want and then expand and display the contents by tapping the white Table of Contents button (circled below).
- You can also just tap the View whole Act/instrument button (also circled below) and scroll through the title to the provision you want.
4. Tap the provision you want to read.
5. Tap the Table of Contents button (now a blue button) again to collapse and hide the contents then it's a short scroll to view the provision you selected—tap the arrow button in the bottom right-hand corner to jump to the top of the screen instead of scrolling back.
- You don’t have to collapse the contents—if you prefer, you can also scroll down through the contents to see the provision you selected displayed below the contents.
6. To expand the contents again and select another provision, scroll to the top of the screen and tap the white Table of Contents button again (step 3 above)—tap the arrow button in the bottom right-hand corner to jump to the top of the screen instead of scrolling back.
- You don’t have to scroll back to the top of the screen and open the contents again—if you prefer, you can tap the infinite scroll buttons (circled below) you will find centred at the top and/or bottom of the screen (depending on the length of the provision you’re viewing) to move progressively through all provisions of the legislation.
Last updated 16 October 2020 at 14:26