Water Management (General) Regulation 2018
Subdivision 2 Water services
123 Installation and maintenance of water service by owner
(1) An owner of land to which a water main is connected or available for connection must ensure that—(a) the installation of any water service, and the connection of any such water service to the water supply authority’s system, are done by the holder of a plumbing permit, and(b) any such water service complies with the Plumbing Code of Australia, and is kept in good order and condition and free from blockages or leakages.Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.(2) In subclause (1), plumbing permit, in relation to a water supply authority, means—(a) a permit issued by the water supply authority under Subdivision 3 of Division 5, or(b) in the case of Central Coast Council, an approval to carry out water supply work under Part 1 of Chapter 7 of the Local Government Act 1993.(3) This clause applies only in relation to work that is not plumbing and drainage work within the meaning of the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2011.Note.Section 7 of the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2011 provides that plumbing and drainage work to which that Act applies must be code compliant under that Act. That Act requires the work to comply with the Plumbing Code of Australia and any other standards or requirements prescribed by the regulations under that Act.
124 Water service not to be shared
(1) A person must not operate or use a shared water service without the consent of a water supply authority.Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.(2) In this clause, means a water service that extends over, or supplies water to, 2 or more separately owned parcels of land.(3) For the purposes of subclause (2), the separate lots in a strata scheme under the Strata Schemes Development Act 2015 are taken to constitute a single parcel of land.
125 Fire-fighting services
(1) A person must not—(a) install or maintain a fire-fighting service that does not comply with the Plumbing Code of Australia, or(b) fail to comply with any direction given by a water supply authority as to the way in which the person must comply with the Plumbing Code of Australia in relation to a fire-fighting service.Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.(2) A person must not use a fire-fighting service otherwise than for the following purposes—(a) the purpose of controlling or extinguishing a fire,(b) some other purpose approved by the relevant water supply authority.Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.(3) In this clause, fire-fighting service means such parts of a water service as are designed to be used for controlling and extinguishing fires.
126 Misuse and waste of water
(1) A person must not—(a) cause or allow a plumbing fitting to be used, or(b) cause or allow a plumbing fitting to be out of repair, orso as to waste water supplied by a water supply authority.(c) cause or allow anything else to be done,(2) A person must not cause or allow water supplied by a water supply authority to be used for the purpose of diluting anything whose discharge into a sewerage system requires a discharge approval under Subdivision 3 of Division 4.(3) A person must not cause or allow anything to be done so as to contaminate water within a water supply authority’s water supply system.Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.
127 Water to be taken through approved stoptaps
Except with the consent of the relevant water supply authority, a person must not take water from a water main otherwise than by means of a water supply service pipe that is connected to the water main by means of a stoptap approved by the water supply authority.Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.
128 Information regarding supply
(1) A water supply authority may direct an owner or occupier of land to furnish it with such information in that person’s knowledge as is necessary to enable the water supply authority to assess the quantity of water supplied to the land.(2) It is an offence for a person to fail to comply with a direction under this clause.Maximum penalty—10 penalty units.
129 Consents may be conditional, and may be varied and revoked
A consent given by a water supply authority for the purposes of this Subdivision is to be in writing, may be given unconditionally or subject to conditions and may be varied or revoked by the water supply authority (by written notice served on the holder of the consent) at any time and for any reason.