The NSW legislation website is the primary source for NSW legislation.
It is managed by the Parliamentary Counsel's Office.
We recently updated our contact arrangements so your enquiry can be directed to the staff best suited to respond. If you phone, you may be asked to leave a message so we can research your question before contacting you as soon as possible with a response. More information is available on our Contact page.
We now have 3 possible contact phone numbers and emails:
—enquiries about using this website or about processes for NSW legislation
—enquiries about technical problems with using this website
Business and corporate enquiries
—enquiries about drafting matters (clients only) or general business matters
This is our new-look Home page for the NSW legislation website—we hope you like it!
The updated look and feel for the Home page is just the first of the enhanced features and advanced functionality we’ll be developing and rolling out over the next few years, all aimed at delivering better access for users of NSW legislation. We’ll also have factsheets and FAQs available on the website to help you make the most of all the new features. Keep an eye on this ‘What’s new’ column for announcements.
We’d love to hear what you think about the changes as they happen—send us an email via the Feedback link on the right-hand side of the banner at the top of the page.
The Home page now features automatically generated quick-link access in collapsible lists to most legislation published on the website each week.
- Design and Building Practitioners Bill 2019
- Digital Restart Fund Bill 2019
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment (Territorial Limits) Bill 2019
- Evidence Amendment (Tendency and Coincidence) Bill 2020
- Firearms and Weapons Legislation Amendment (Criminal Use) Bill 2020
- Planning Legislation Amendment Bill 2019
- Road Transport Amendment (Mobile Phone Detection) Bill 2019
- State Revenue Legislation Further Amendment Bill 2020
- Work Health and Safety Amendment (Review) Bill 2020
- Anti-Discrimination Amendment (Complaint Handling) Bill 2020
- Child Protection (Nicole's Law) Bill 2019
- Civil Remedies for Serious Invasions of Privacy Bill 2020
- Crimes Amendment (Zoe's Law) Bill 2019
- Crimes (Appeal and Review) Amendment (Double Jeopardy) Bill 2019
- Crown Land Management Amendment (Reservation and Vesting of Crown Land) Bill 2019
- Fishing Legislation Amendment (Right to Fish) Bill 2019
- Independent Commission Against Corruption Amendment (Ministerial Code of Conduct—Property Developers) Bill 2019
- Industrial Relations Amendment (Contracts of Carriage) Bill 2019
- Liquor Amendment (Harm Reduction Areas) Bill 2019
- Liquor Amendment (Intoxication) Bill 2019
- Liquor Legislation Amendment (Repeal of Lock-out Laws) Bill 2019
- Mining Amendment (Compensation for Cancellation of Exploration Licence) Bill 2019
- National Parks and Wildlife Amendment (Tree Thinning Operations) Bill 2019
- Petroleum (Onshore) Amendment (Coal Seam Gas Moratorium) Bill 2019
- Pill Testing Bill 2019
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Amendment (Restrictions on Stock Animal Procedures) Bill 2019
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Amendment (State Owned Corporations) Bill 2019
- Professional Engineers Registration Bill 2019
- Public Finance and Audit Amendment (Northern Beaches Hospital) Bill 2019
- Real Estate Services Council Bill 2019
- Repeal of Kosciuszko Wild Horse Heritage Legislation Bill 2019
- Uranium Mining and Nuclear Facilities (Prohibitions) Repeal Bill 2019
- Water (Commonwealth Powers) Amendment (Termination of References) Bill 2019
- Water Management Amendment (Water Rights Transparency) Bill 2020
- Evidence Act 1995 No 25
- Firearms Act 1996 No 46
- Government Sector Finance Act 2018 No 55
- Home Building Act 1989 No 147
- Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988 No 35
- Limitation Act 1969 No 31
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1979 No 200
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 No 133
- Veterinary Practice Act 2003 No 87
- Weapons Prohibition Act 1998 No 127